So today is my day off. I love being off on Mondays. It makes me very happy.
- The weather is beyond GORGEOUS!!! It is cool enough to have all the windows open in the house but warm enough to have all the windows open. This morning it was in the low 60’s and isn’t supposed to get above 80 today. I love fall!
- And with that thought, I am beginning my fall decorating. I put a fall wreath on our front door last week but this week I am getting out all my pumpkins and Halloween stuff. I’ll post pics when I’m done.
- A clean house and empty laundry baskets make me happy. It makes me feel calm and free
- I had lunch today with my favorite 5 year old. I brought him Subway and we had such a good time together. I was a little worried about going because he has had a really difficult time in the mornings when I drop him off. (He has been a little weepy and clingy each day) But I talked to him about it last night and this morning and told him that he would have to stay at school after lunch and I didn’t want him to get upset or cry when I had to leave. And he did great and we had a fun time together. Next time he wants me to bring him Chick fil a.
- I am not cooking supper tonight. I told my family they have to eat either the chili left from Saturday night or the roast and veggies from yesterday. I don’t like to have a lot of leftovers in the fridge. Because then no one eats them, and I have to throw them away and the waste just makes me sick.
- My mission this month is to get our freezer empty before I buy any more meat or veggies. All four of us have a “out of sight out of mind” condition and when something get buried by new groceries we never eat it. So, milk, bread, eggs, produce I’ll buy but everything else has to be eaten before I replace it with anything new.
- I went to Michael’s and Hancock’s today. I am going to make a subway art type Halloween canvas for each boy’s room, the super cute Halloween advent calendar I mentioned yesterday, and modify some old jeans with appliques. Pics to come.
- Mr. G broke the bone that attaches his big toe to his foot. Now he is wearing a giant boot. This impairs my fall deocrating as he cannot get in the attic for me. I’m thinking of sending C up there.
- Mr. G. hooked up Netflix on our Wii yesterday and my kids seem to think it is one of the greatest things ever. I’m kind of excited about it too. I browsed through it very briefly this morning and there are several things I am looking forward to watching during my next marathon ironing session.
- Have you tried the “milk maid carmel candy corn?” If not you should. I hate candy corn but this is yummy.
- Is it possible to have “fall fever”? I LOVE fall and spring. Whenever the weather changes it is so hard for me to focus. Instead I have about 200 projects I want to get done.
- I saw a hummingbird today outside my kitchen window. This is the 2nd one I’ve seen in a week. I also saw a ground squirrel (like a very small prarie dog) and a monarch landed on my side mirror while I was at Sonic for happy hour. I say all this because whenever one of these types of events/encounters with nature occurs I always think of it as a sign or smile from God. Maybe that sounds weird but since these are not daily occurances for me I think they are special and I always think they are God’s way of getting my attention and saying hello.
- Random thoughts huh? 🙂