Tonight is the pumpkin pie recipe…
This is called the “perfect pumpkin pie” and I got it from the back of the Eagle Brand Milk can several years ago and it is my favorite pie. And, I recommend a big dollop of Cool Whip of top. Yes, I can and have made my own whipped cream. And yes, it is tasty and lovely but pumpkin pie is a memory thing for me and growing up we always had it with cool whip. So I gotta go with the nostalgia thing.
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin (about 2 cups)
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Whisk pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, spices and salt in medium bowl until smooth. Pour into crust.
- BAKE 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1-inch from crust comes out clean. Cool. Garnish as desired.